Lookupuk.com - England Genealogy Board
|Board Name: England Genealogy
|RICKEY L RAMSEY
||Little Rock , AR USA
||Sep 28, 1999
| Hi Everyone im looking for the orgin of the surname of HEFFINGTON ive been TOLD it s british and was trying to track it down here is my line and chart for my genealogy for BUTLER HEFFINGTON COOKe and lowe THANKS RICKEY L RAMSEY
Descendants of William Butler
Generation No. 1
1. William1 Butler was born 1688.
Child of William Butler is:
+ 2 i. James2 Butler, born 1713; died in South Carolina.
Generation No. 2
2. James2 Butler (William1) was born 1713, and died in South Carolina.
Child of James Butler is:
+ 3 i. Nancy Ann3 Butler, born 1738 in Virginia.
Generation No. 3
3. Nancy Ann3 Butler (James2, William1) was born 1738 in Virginia. She married John Lowe in Virginia, son of John Lowe and Hannah Barnabe. He was born 1736 in Maryland, and died 1820 in Washington Co., Georgia.
Notes for Nancy Ann Butler:
Oldest of 10 children.
Children of Nancy Butler and John Lowe are:
+ 4 i. William4 Lowe, born February 17, 1756 in Virginia; died March 17, 1835 in Kentucky.
5 ii. John Lowe, born 1758 in Virginia; died 1832 in Hinds Co., Mississippi. He married Miss Harrison
6 iii. Daniel Fielder Lowe, born 1760 in Mississippi. He married Mary Lowe
7 iv. Edmund Lowe, born 1764 in Georgia.
8 v. Aaron Lowe, born 1768 in South Carolina.
9 vi. Thomas Lowe, born January 22, 1768 in South Carolina; died March 09, 1849. He married (1) Parthena Stanley He married (2) Cynthia Lester February 03, 1822.
10 vii. Charity Matilda Lowe, born 1773 in South Carolina; died 1869. She married Abner McCoy 1798.
11 viii. Nellie Lowe, born 1775 in South Carolina.
12 ix. James Lowe, born 1777 in South Carolina.
13 x. Martha Lowe, born 1779 in South Carolina. She married Sherwood Stanley
Generation No. 4
4. William4 Lowe (Nancy Ann3 Butler, James2, William1) was born February 17, 1756 in Virginia, and died March 17, 1835 in Kentucky. He married Margaret Farr May 21, 1778, daughter of Barnabas Farr and Dorothy Moesch. She was born December 04, 1761 in Pennsylvania, and died December 25, 1833 in Simpson Co., Kentucky.
Children of William Lowe and Margaret Farr are:
14 i. Dorothea5 Lowe, born February 14, 1780 in South Carolina. She married David Heffington; born 1777 in Virginia.
15 ii. Charity Lowe, born January 13, 1782 in North Carolina. She married James Butler; born in Simpson Co., Kentucky.
Notes for James Butler:
There were two stillborn children born to James & Charity Butler: 1816 &
1818, both in Kentucky.
16 iii. Mary Ann Lowe, born March 26, 1784 in Warren, Kentucky. She married John K. DeBerry
17 iv. John Farr Lowe, born May 17, 1786 in South Carolina. He married Mary Ann Gilleland; born 1786.
18 v. Barnabas Farr Lowe, born November 04, 1788 in South Carolina; died 1859 in Bevils Port, Jasper Co., Texas. He married (1) Margaret Carlock February 13, 1806 in Logan, Kentucky; born February 17, 1789; died 1840 in Jasper Co., Texas. He married (2) Pamela Childers February 02, 1843 in Nacogdoches Co., Tx.
Notes for Barnabas Farr Lowe:
Fifth child of eleven children.
1835 Census, Bevil District, Texas: Barney is listed as a farmer, 46 yr.
Wife, Margaret Carelock, 46, Peggy Ann, 19, Barney C., 18, Perry M., 12,
Matilda M., 9, Leonidus,4.
Soldiers Of The War Of 1812: Roll of Captain William Berryman's Co.,
Kentucky Mounted Volunteer Militia - Commanded By Colonel William
Williams. Listed: Barnabus Low, Musician, August 20, 1813 - Nov. 13,
Roll of Captain John Williams' Co., Kentucky Mounted Militia - Commanded
By Lieutenant-Colonel Young Ewing: Barney Low, Private, Sept. 18, 1812 -
Oct. 30, 1812.
Re: 1860 Alabama Mortality Schedule: Barney Lowe, mechanic, 76, male,
Born in Kentucky, Died in December of old age.
More About Barnabas Farr Lowe:
Burial: 1835, Bevie Dist., Tx. Census - Farmer
Christening: 1810, Warren Co., Kentucky Census
19 vi. Norman Lowe, born April 09, 1791 in North Carolina or South Carolina.
20 vii. Katie Lowe, born June 26, 1793 in South Carolina.
21 viii. Agnes Johnston Lowe, born September 22, 1796 in South Carolina. She married John Gilliland; born 1796.
22 ix. Nancy Greer Lowe, born October 04, 1798 in Warren, Kentucky. She married Jacob Gibson; born 1798.
23 x. Margaret Farr Lowe, born June 26, 1801 in South Carolina.
24 xi. Patsy Ann Beezley
decendant s of john lowe
JOHN HENRY LOWE was born 1710 in Lancashire, England and died 11 May 1755 in
Pasquotank, NC. He married HANNAH BARNABE on 6 Mar 1736 in Pasquotank, NC.
HANNAH BARNABE was born Abt.
Child of JOHN LOWE and HANNAH BARNABE is:
JOHN HENRY LOWE JR was born 1736 in Halifax, NC or Maryland, and died 1820
in Sparta, Hancock Co. or Washington Co., Georgia. He married NANCY ANN
BUTLER in 1769 in Halifax, NC or VA, daughter of EDMUND BUTLER and FRANCES
JOHANNES BERNARD FEHR was born 1735 in Surry, NC or Germania, PA, and died
1787 in Surry County, NC. He married (1) DOROTHY MEGASCH, daughter of
HEINRICH MAGASCH,1760 in PA. He married (2) ELIZABETH WAGGONER September
19, 1785 in Surry Co., NC.
Child of JOHANNES FEHR and DOROTHY MEGASCH is:
MARGARET FARR was born Dec 4, 1761 in Windsor
Township, Berks, PA, and died Dec 25, 1833 in
Simpson Co., Kentucky. She married WILLIAM LOWE
May 21, 1778, son of JOHN LOWE JR. and NANCY
WILLIAM COOKE was born 1618-1647, and died Aft 1669. He married HANNAH.
Child of WILLIAM COOKE and HANNAH is:
ABRAHAM COOKE was born Abt 1669 and died Bef 1748 in New Kent Co., St Paul's
Parish, Virginia. He married MARGARET CLAYTON.
Child of ABRAHAM COOKE and MARGAET CLAYTON is:
FRANCES COOKE married EDMUND BUTLER Bef 1725 in New Kent Co., Virginia
EDMUND BUTLER was born 1694/1704 in Ireland? And died September 17, 1747 in
Goochland Co., Southam Parish, Virginia.
Child of EDMUND BUTLER and FRANCIS COOKE is:
NANCY ANN BUTLER, born 1738 in Virginia. She married JOHN HENRY LOWE JR in
Virginia, son of John Lowe and Hannah Barnabe. He was born 1736 in
Maryland, and died 1820 in Washington Co., Georgia.
Child of Nancy Butler and John Lowe is:
WILLIAM LOWE, born February 17, 1756 in Virginia; died March 17, 1835 in
Simpson, Kentucky. He married MARGARET FARR on May 21, 1778, daughter of
JOHANNES FEHR and DOROTHY MEGASCH. Margaret FARR was born December 4, 1761
in Pennsylvania, and died December 25, 1833 in Simpson Co., Kentucky.
Child of William Lowe and Margaret Farr is:
DOROTHY LOWE, b Feb 14, 1780 in Surry Co., North Carolina, and died Bef.
1820 in Arkansas. She married DAVID HEFFINGTON Abt. 1802 in Warren,
Kentucky, son of THOMAS HEFFINGTON. DAVID HEFFINTON was born 1777 in
Virginia and died 1850/1860 in Conway, Arkansas.
desendant s of david heffington my x7 great grand father Rickey l. Ramsey DIAMONDARK@aol.com
Generation No. 1
1. DAVID1 HEFFINGTON was born 1777 in Virginia. He married DOROTHEA LOWE, daughter of WILLIAM LOWE and MARGARET FARR. She was born February 14, 1780 in South Carolina.
Children of DAVID HEFFINGTON and DOROTHEA LOWE are:
i. WILLIAM2 HEFFINGTON.
ii. THOMAS HEFFINGTON, b. 1804, Kentucky; m. SUSAN; b. 1810, Indiana.
iii. UNKNOWN HEFFINGTON, b. 1806, Kentucky.
2. iv. BARNABUS HEFFINGTON, b. 1808, warren co , kentucky; d. Abt. 1835, independence co , arkansas.
v. HENRY HEFFINGTON, b. 1808, Kentucky; m. LEVINA; b. 1818, Tennessee.
3. vi. STEPHEN HEFFINGTON, b. 1809, Kentucky.
vii. LEVINA HEFFINGTON, b. 1819, Georgia; m. JAMES M. CRAIG; b. 1819.
viii. JOHN HEFFINGTON, b. 1820.
Generation No. 2
2. BARNABUS2 HEFFINGTON (DAVID1) was born 1808 in warren co , kentucky, and died Abt. 1835 in independence co , arkansas. He married NANCY MARTHA (GARRETT) 1825 in alabama lauderdale co. She was born Unknown in ?, and died Unknown in ?.
Children of BARNABUS HEFFINGTON and NANCY (GARRETT) are:
4. i. WILLIAM DAVID3 HEFFINGTON, b. May 15, 1829, lauderdale co , alabama; d. December 05, 1881, enola faulkner co , arkansas heffington cemertry.
5. ii. HENRY H. HEFFINGTON, b. 1832, jackson co, arkansas; d. Unknown, enola fualkner co , arkansas.
iii. ELIJAH ELLIS HEFFINGTON, b. 1834.
iv. MARTHA HEFFINGTON, b. 1836.
3. STEPHEN2 HEFFINGTON (DAVID1) was born 1809 in Kentucky. He married LEONORA. She was born 1820 in Tennessee.
Children of STEPHEN HEFFINGTON and LEONORA are:
i. MARY3 HEFFINGTON, b. 1842, Arkansas; m. PHILIP STERLING BURROW; b. October 15, 1833, Tennessee.
ii. T. HEFFINGTON, b. 1845, Arkansas.
iii. W. HEFFINGTON, b. 1847, Arkansas.
iv. J. HEFFINGTON, b. 1852, Arkansas.
v. F. HEFFINGTON, b. 1854, Arkansas.
vi. T. HEFFINGTON, b. 1856, Texas.
vii. R. HEFFINGTON, b. 1859, Texas.
Generation No. 3
4. WILLIAM DAVID3 HEFFINGTON (BARNABUS2, DAVID1) was born May 15, 1829 in lauderdale co , alabama, and died December 05, 1881 in enola faulkner co , arkansas heffington cemertry. He married EASTER CAROLINE (BRADY) August 19, 1852 in ?? ENOLA ARKANSAS FAULKNER CO. She was born July 01, 1835 in tennessee, and died January 09, 1899 in faulkner co arkansas enola.
Children of WILLIAM HEFFINGTON and EASTER (BRADY) are:
i. ELIJAH JAMES4 HEFFINGTON, b. July 14, 1854.
ii. JESSE MORGAN HEFFINGTON, b. November 07, 1856.
iii. HENRY DAVID HEFFINGTON, b. November 15, 1858.
iv. MARTHA MARIAH HEFFINGTON, b. December 09, 1861.
v. BARNEY WILLIAM HEFFINGTON, b. January 18, 1864.
vi. MARY ELIZABETH HEFFINGTON, b. June 12, 1866.
vii. NANCY ADELINE HEFFINGTON, b. November 20, 1868.
viii. WANDA JOSEPHINE HEFFINGTON, b. May 06, 1871.
ix. DORA EASTER HEFFINGTON, b. January 15, 1873.
x. ELBERT LORANZAN HEFFINGTON, b. January 16, 1875.
5. HENRY H.3 HEFFINGTON (BARNABUS2, DAVID1) was born 1832 in jackson co, arkansas, and died Unknown in enola fualkner co , arkansas. He married SARAH ANN CUMMINGS 1853 in enola arkansas faulkner co . She was born 1834 in lawrence co, indiana, and died 1881 in enola faulkner co , arkansas heffington cemertry.
Children of HENRY HEFFINGTON and SARAH CUMMINGS are:
6. i. DELLA ELIZABETH4 HEFFINGTON, b. 1873, enola faulkner co , arkansas heffington cemertry; d. July 11, 1960, enola ARKANSAS FAULKNER CO Q.
ii. MARGARET ANN HEFFINGTON, b. 1875.
iii. SUSAN MARIE HEFFINGTON, b. 1877.
iv. MOLLIE CATHERINE HEFFINGTON, b. 1879.
v. LOUISA LETHA HEFFINGTON, b. 1880.
Generation No. 4
6. DELLA ELIZABETH4 HEFFINGTON (HENRY H.3, BARNABUS2, DAVID1) was born 1873 in enola faulkner co , arkansas heffington cemertry, and died July 11, 1960 in enola ARKANSAS FAULKNER CO Q. She married (1) JAMES MONROE COOK in ?? ENOLA ARKANSAS FAULKNER CO. He was born 1890 in ?, and died 1973 in beebe arkansas white co . She married (2) ONLEY KEITHLEY. He was born in mt vernon arkansas faulkner co , and died 1843 in enola ARKANSAS.
Children of DELLA HEFFINGTON and JAMES COOK are:
i. SARAH JANE5 COOK.
ii. THOMAS BURGESS COOK.
7. iii. LUCY LENORABELL COOK, b. March 06, 1906, enola faulkner co , arkansas heffington cemertry; d. July 11, 1960, conway arkansas faulkner co .
iv. TROY COOK, b. September 05, 1911.
Child of DELLA HEFFINGTON and ONLEY KEITHLEY is:
v. FLOYD5 KEATHLEY.
Generation No. 5
7. LUCY LENORABELL5 COOK (DELLA ELIZABETH4 HEFFINGTON, HENRY H.3, BARNABUS2, DAVID1) was born March 06, 1906 in enola faulkner co , arkansas heffington cemertry, and died July 11, 1960 in conway arkansas faulkner co . She married (1) ROBERT BAKER. He was born in mt vernon ?, and died in ?. She married (2) CLARENCE C. HODGE 1934 in enola ark ?. He was born April 04, 1907 in enola , mo , opal, conway faulkner co akansas, and died December 19, 1971 in little rock arkansas.
Children of LUCY COOK and ROBERT BAKER are:
i. VANTEEN6 BAKER, b. May 25, 1922.
ii. EUELL BAKER, b. May 15, 1923.
iii. CLETUS BAKER, b. December 24, 1925.
Children of LUCY COOK and CLARENCE HODGE are:
iv. CLARENCE CLEO6 HODGE, b. August 05, 1936.
v. PATSY FAYE HODGE, b. January 10, 1940.
8. vi. ONETA MAE (NITA) HODGE, b. March 26, 1942, opal arkansas white co .
Generation No. 6
8. ONETA MAE (NITA)6 HODGE (LUCY LENORABELL5 COOK, DELLA ELIZABETH4 HEFFINGTON, HENRY H.3, BARNABUS2, DAVID1) was born March 26, 1942 in opal arkansas white co . She married (1) LEON CLEMENTS. She married (2) JOSEPH HALL RAMSEY January 13, 1961 in conway arkansas court house. He was born December 06, 1935 in el paso white co , arkansas, and died October 05, 1984 in n l rock arkansas foot roots va.
Children of ONETA HODGE and JOSEPH RAMSEY are:
i. DIANE CAROLL7 RAMSEY.
ii. RICKEY L RAMSEY, b. July 30, 1961.
iii. LISA ANN RAMSEY, b. July 09, 1964.
iv. TAMMY LOUISE RAMSEY, b. December 24, 1966.
v. REGINA DENICE RAMSEY, b. November 17, 1969.
|Reply to this