Lookupuk.com - England Genealogy Board
|Board Name: England Genealogy
||Jan 29, 2001
|Tracing family tree - England, UK
Father's Side - Hodgson
Grandad was Joseph Hodgson born 1889, Scaling, North Yorkshire, not sure of place of birth? He was a keeper of the Royal George Hotel, Staithes, then Abbey Inn, Redcar Road, Guisborough and then off license, 66 Stovin Street, North Ormesby, (now demolished), he was also a weighman at Port Mulgrave. Not sure of his date of death. He married Hannah (nee Noble) born 1908, not sure of place of birth, but lived at Greenhouses, Lealholm area. Lived in the same places as my grandad but also lived in Abingdon Road, Middlesbrough, Cleveland (Teesside). Lived with daughter Hilda at Waites Cottage, Glaisdale until her death, supposed to have lived to 100 but this doesn't tie up with her birth date.
They had 6 children:-
1. Frank married Henrietta they had 2 daughters, Audrey (now Mills) and Jean (now Lewis). Frank had the Kings Head Pub and Top Jerry Pub, both in Guisborough, (Frank & Hetty, both deceased) moved to Kidderminster, Worcs.
2. Fred married Milly (nee Stubbs) had 1 son Malcolm who married a Dorothy Featherstone and lived at Dale House/Cooper House (both farms at Staithes) (Fred & Milly, both deceased).
3. Joseph (my father) born 14/6/1916, he died 18/11/1993, married Hazel, (my mother) (nee Weighell), on 13/4/1936, she was born 29/4/1919. She died 6/6/1987. They lived in 18 Walkers Row, 27 Church Street and 7 Pursglove Terrace, until his death, all Guisborough. My father was a gunner in the Royal Artillery in World War II, was a bricklayer in 1946 and then worked at Blackett Hutton (foundry) for 33 years, retired at 65.
They had 2 children. Hilary (myself) now Clare date of birth 13/9/41 and Jeffrey Marwood, born 14/12/46, who now has the Safari Garage at Scaling Dam.
4. Harry married Catherine. He died 49/50 yr old. She died approx 1997/8. They had 2 children, Barry & Marlene.
5. Hilda (never married). She was a matron at North Ormesby Hospital and also a matron at Residential Nursing Hom, Marton Road, Middlesbrough (might have called it Woodside?) Then retired and moved to "Waites" Cottage, Glaisdale and then to Acklam, she died 1995/6 aged 82.
6. Jessie, born around 1926 married James Much Temple from Edinburgh, now deceased. They had 2 children, Ian & Heather. Jessie is sole survivor of the 6 children born to Joseph & Hannah.
My Mother's Side
My grandma was Annie Maud Forster born Toronto, Bishop Auckland area, 29/7/1891 and died 1971/2. She married Albert Weighell and had 2 daughters, Hazel (my mother) and Marjorie (Oliver), also had a daughter Elsie (Forster) born out of wedlock. Don't know when Albert Weighell died. Annie Maud then married Arthur Pearey and had 1 daughter Betty (now Trattles) born 2/7/31, Arthur Pearey was killed down Chaloner Pit Mines (Guisborough).
Betty Pearey (now Trattles) only surviving sister.
Annie Maud lived 1 Walkers Row.
Betty Trattles (nee Pearey), she now lives 22 Gill Street, Guisborough, married Tommy Trattles and had 1 daughter, Alyson.
Hazel Hodgson (nee Weighell) lived 18 Walkers Row.
Elsie Watson (nee Forster) lived 32 Walkers Row, moved to Loftus, Saltburn, Elsie married Alan Watson (RAF), both deceased, had 1 son Martin.
Marjorie Oliver (nee Weighell) lived at Charltons (nr Guisborough), then 7 Pursglove Terrace, Guisborough, Narjorie married Ronald Oliver, both deceased and had 1 son, Harold.
My greatgrandfather was William Hodgson born about 1846 and died before 1913. He married an Elizabeth Wood 10/12/1881 in Egton PC her father was William Wood.
Can anyone help?
|Reply to this