Lookupuk.com - England Genealogy Board
|Board Name: England Genealogy
||Moline, IL USA
||Nov 25, 2001
|Seeking info on my ancestors:
1. John GAYWOOD (GAYWORD) born in early 1500's;
his daughter Anne Gaywood b. 1568 in Steeple Parish - married Thomas WITTUM (WITHAM) b. abt. 1565 in Stansgate, d. 1601 Steeple Parish.
Thomas and Anne's son Peter b. 1595 Steeple Parish, m. in 1626 to Mary LUFKIN (daughter of John) b. abt. 1605 in Steeple Parish.
Peter and Mary's son Peter emigrated to Massachusetts, then Maine USA.
2. John WHITE b. 1604 or 09 England, emigrated to New Hampshire, then Maine USA before 1631, m. Lucy ?? in Maine.
John and Jucy's daughter Sarah (or Hannah?) m. Adrian FRYE b. 1642 Axbridge, Somerset, emigrated to Maine then New Hampsire USA before 1665.
3. John BRAWN m. ?? DIXON (dau. of William); their son John Brawn Jr. m. Hannah LANGLEY; their son Michael had a son Michael b. 1643 who in turn had a son George (sometimes spelled BRANN) born in Maine USA.
4. John HILL b. abt. 1598 England, m. Elizabeth ?? b. abt. 1602 England, emigrated to Massachusetts USA before 1624.
John and Elizabeth's son John B. married in Boston to Elizabeth STRONG b. 1629 Taunton, Somerset, daughter of Robert Strong b. abt. 1603 Taunton.
5. Robert BEATTIE b. near Belfast in 1797 and d. Niles MI in 1883 - was son of an Englishman (maybe Richard Beattie) and Scottish woman, no other facts of his parents known to me.
Thank you so much for any information you can share!
|Reply to this