Lookupuk.com - Scotland Genealogy Board
|Board Name: Scotland Genealogy
||Keene, NY USA
||Sep 08, 2000
|I have been doing a lot of family research, and have come to a kind of standstill, because you can only go so far back and then kind of have no clue where to look! I have a William JOHNSTON that married Janet MCCREEDY, and had at least one son, John JOHNSTON(b.1749)who first married Dorthea PROUDFOOT(b. 1758) they had a son John(b.1781) THEN......(and this is where I'm stuck) Dorthea died and John married Margaret Rae(b.1776) and had 10 more children...
1. Jessie(Janet) b.1796 d. 1818
2. Agnes (Nanny) b. 1797 m. George NISBET and Thomas MAXWELL(7 kids?) d. 1884
3. William b. 1800 m. Elizabeth DAVIDSON(1 daughter, Mary E.) d.1837-41????
4. Samuel b.1802 m Hannah BARROW(9 kids? Agnes, Robert, Dorthea?) d. 1890
5. Robert b. 1804 d. 1848
6. James b. 1806 m. Mary COOPER(6 kids?) d. 1859
7. Jeanie b. 1808 d. 1808
8. Alexander b. 1810 d. 1845
9. Margaret b. 1813 m. George CARRUTHERS(10 kids?) d. 1890
10.Dorthea(Dolly) b. 1816 m. James Harker(7 kids?) d.1849
If any of these names sound familiar or connect to you, please write me!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have lots of info on one side of my tree, but this side is lacking in different branches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
|Reply to this