Lookupuk.com - Scotland Genealogy Board
|Board Name: Scotland Genealogy
||Sep 16, 2001
|I would like to trace descendants of PETER MCKENZIE & ELIZABETH HENDERSON
Peter was born 24 May 1849 in Barbados, West Indies and Elizabeth Henderson about 1850 in Kilmaurs, Ayr. They married 26 April 1872 at 6 Nielson St, Paisley.
In approximately 1882 they walked to London (New Cross/Deptford area) with their young family.
I believe their children were
1) PETER MCKENZIE b 14 Aug. 1872. He married and was a radial driller at J Stones, Trim St, New Cross.
2) ELIZABETH MCKENZIE b 11 Nov. 1873. She married and went to Australia.
3) DONALD MCKENZIE. He married and went to Canada. He had a son, Donald and a daughter, possibly called Lily.
4) JANET REID MCKENZIE b about 1876 may have been known as Ginny.
5) JOHN MCKENZIE b 26 Oct. 1878. He was my great grandfather and I know the names of all his descendants.
6) THOMAS LAW MCKENZIE b about 1880
7) STEWART ARCHER MCKENZIE b 2 April 1892 at 63 Queen St, Deptford. He was in the Royal Engineers and may have been married and divorced/separated with one child. Stewart died 13 February 1941.
The first six children were all born in Abbey/Paisley area.
Any information gratefully received.
|Reply to this