Lookupuk.com - Ireland Genealogy Board
|Board Name: Ireland Genealogy
||Perth, W.A Australia
||Aug 09, 2001
|Hi, I am hoping to find proof of the following. You are welcome to visit my GENEALOGY web page CRAWFORD: PEARCE: on http://www.webace.com.au/~tblack
Please do not hesitate to contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any information, links or suggestions.
SAMUEL (?JAMES) CRAWFORD: (? 1820s) from Belfast, Antrim County, Northern Ireland, married - WIFE - * ELIZABETH ? CROTHERS
CHILDREN of SAMUEL CRAWFORD & WIFE - ELIZABETH ? CROTHERS:
On David's death certificate, his Father is recorded as Samuel Crawford & Mother Elizabeth.
DAVID CRAWFORD: (1839-1918) Born in Belfast, Antrim, Northern Ireland and wife Mary arrived in Western Australia via "Escort" 26.12.1860. Died in Melbourne. Buried Footscray Cemetery. Victoria, Australia.
* m1. 23rd Feb, 1860 at Parkgate, Donegore, Antrim, to MARY ? FINLAY: (?1836-1860) of ? Donegore, Antim, Ireland. (Individual Record: Batch Number. 7404604 sheet 7 Source 0934344) & (Batch Number A537798 Source Call No 537796-7-8 & 537801)
** Mary died on board the ship Escort, 28th Dec 1860 following birth of a daughter Mary - from "haemorrhage after confinement." Certificate of Mary's death.
* m2. David remarried 28.10.1861 to ELIZA KIDD: (1861-1903) b. Ireland. Married in the Church of St Peter, Beverley, Western Australia. (Gilgaring.) Copy of certificate.
HUGH SMITH CRAWFORD: b. 31 Jan 1841 in Donegore, Antrim, Ireland. Father: Samuel Crawford. Mother: Elizabeth ? Crothers. Single - arrived in Western Australia via "Strathmore" 12.6.1864.
* m. ELIZABETH MATILDA McCONNELL: 30.10.1866 in the Church of St. Peter, Beverley. (Gilgiring.) 1866. (Individual record: Individual Number 537801)
FRANCIS FERGUSON CRAWFORD: b. 14 Jan 1845 Donegore, Antrim. Father: Samual Crawford: Mother: Elizabeth Crothers b. 14th Jan 1845 in Donegore, Antrim, Ireland. (Film Number 452129 page no 0055. Reference number 37761) * Single - arrived in Western Australia 7.3.1866 via "Robert Morrison."
* Note. on Death Certificate Francis Crawford - Father named as Samuel James Crawford: Mother Elizabeth Crothers. Information re death certificate thanks to Bill Maldon descendant of Hugh Smith Crawford.
m. WINNIFRED ADA PASCOE 25.2.1879 in the Weslyn Church, Greenough Flats. (Individual Record. Film Number 452129 Page Number 0055 Reference Number. 37761) Thanks to Bill Maldon for place of marriage.
JOHN CRAWFORD: (1832-1904) (Was he David's brother?) Father - SAMUEL, also from Antrim. Arrived in Western Australia 26.12.1860 via the Escort with wife MARTHA nee HUME. A Son SAMUEL was born at sea (1860-1928). Settled in York.
* m. MARTHA HUME ( 1836- 1904) Listed as farming at Tallidilly at York. John and Martha both died within a few months of each other in 1904.
MARY JANE CRAWFORD: (Daughter of Samuel, Farmer) single - arrived in Western Australia via the Strathmore 12.6.1864.
* m. Henry Randall, 10.5.1866 in the Church of St. Peter, Beverley. (Gilgiring).
* Note: I am having trouble finding David Crawford's birth records in Belfast Antrim, Ireland. We cannot prove as yet that he was definitely brother to Hugh and Francis. Information about David is from shipping records & his death Certificate. * His death certificate also states his father was Samuel Crawford & Mother Elizabeth.
|Reply to this