Lookupuk.com - Scotland Genealogy Board
|Board Name: Scotland Genealogy
||British Columbia Canada
||Jul 08, 2003
|Searching for family Thomson, John born Jan7/1834
in bonhill Dunbarton Scotland.
John Thomson Sr. and wife Agnes Stark (Scotland)
travelled to Sydenham Ontario approx 1850?
John (jr) married a Agnes Matilda Milroy (b/d
approx 1832-1833)? Agnes lived in Galt Ontario at
the time of the marriage.
John and Agnes (Mathilda) had the following children.
1. Maggie A Thomson born approx 1866 she married a man with the last name Duncan? Maggie died in
her early 30's of cancer, she had a daughter
2. William A Thomson born approx 1881
3. Robert George Thomson Born Dec 4, 1873 and died in 1932 in Oak River Manitoba.
4. Charles Bertrand Thomson B/d Dec? 1872
5. Andrew F. Thomson born approx 1874 (My grandmother never mentioned a Andrew but there was a Frank..so I wonder if that is what the initial F is for and maybe he used his second name?
6. David S (Stark?) born approx 1876 (Stark is John Thomsons mothers maiden name)
Apparently the Thomsons had a general store mom remembers her father (RG Thomson) talking about Meaford...but in actual fact they were in Sydenham..all the boys lived above the store and one of their jobs was putting together watches to sell in the store, apparently various parts came and they assembled the watches.
Also the family had a lumber mill, as a matter of fact when RG settled in Oak River Manitoba he sent for lumber from the family mill had it shipped by train to Manitoba and built his farm house with that lumber. approx 1900.
William A, and Charlie B and RG all moved to Oak River Manitoba.
RG and Charlie died there and William moved to Winnipeg and then for a time in Texas and then finally to Los Angles Calif where he died.
I am looking for any info...I can get on my hard
to find family
You can write directly to my email address if you
|Reply to this