Lookupuk.com - England Board
|Board Name: England
||Dec 08, 2006
I'm in Adelaide and for 12 years I have been doing free research for people all around the world who want information about ancestors/family who came to South Australia in the 1800's. I saw your request re Frederick Lindsay Wood, and I decided to see what I could find for you from the South Australian State Library records. The following is what I managed to find:-
Frederick Lindsay Wood born c1849 in Worcestershire, England. Frederick was the son of William Woods.
ARRIVAL FROM OVERSEAS
Frederick Lidnsay Woods arrived in South Australia in 1867, and he married in South Australia in 1870.
Ellen Goddard daughter of James Goddard and Eleanor Warner was born 19th July 1851 in Adelaide South Australia
James Goddard married Eleanore Warner c1843 in Edwardstown, Adelaide.
CHILDREN BORN TO JAMES GODDARD & ELEANORE WARNER
1. Ruth born 8th July 1846 in edwadstown.
2. Ellen born 19th July 1851 in Adelaide
3. Jame born 28trh December 1854 at Salisbury
4. Walter born 28th Augut 1858 at North Salisbury
5. Emily born 5th October 1856
6. sarah born 17th June 1860 at Salisbury.
1. Ruth died 12th April 1919 at Adelaide
2. Ellen died 1926 in Adelaide
3. Jane died 7th September 1914 in Salisbury
4. Walter died 1896 in Salisbury
5. Emily died 1888 at Gawler
6. Sarah died 9th January 1907 at Parkside.
Frederick Woods aged 23 years, single, son of William Woods married 28th December 1870 to Ellen aged 19 years, single, daughter of Henry Goddard at residence of Henry Goddard near Robe, District Robe reference book 85 page 615
CHILDREN BORN TO FREDERICK WOODS & ELLEN GODDARD.
1. Alfred Lindsay born 10th April 1883 at near Robe, District Robe, reference book 302 page 486
2. Alice Elizabeth born 13th March 1881 at Robe, District Robe reference book 256 page 349
3. Annie Eliza born 11th November 1873 at Barooka, District Robe reference book 128 page 372
4. Bertram Laurence born 29th April 1891 at Hindmash, District Hindmarsh reference book 479 page 7
5. Charles Edward born 30th Decemebr 1868 at Willaston District Barosa reference book 209 page 303
6. Ellen Louisa born 9th September 1885 at Robe, District Robe reference book 425 page 151
7. Henry Samuel born 14th Decemeber 1885 at Robe, District Robe reference book 365 page 402
8. Ida Mary born 21st January 1876 at Robe, District Robe reference book 161 page 443
9. William Henry born 10th October 1871 at Naracoorte District Robe reference book 101 page 386
William Frederick aged 42 years, single, son of William Fry Wilkey married 25th September 1907 to Alice Elizabeth 25 years of age, single, daughter of Frederick Lindsay Woods at St. John Church, Adelaide District Adelaide reference book 232 page 1773
CHILDREN BORN TO WILLIAM FREDERICK WILKEY & ALICE ELIZABETH WOODS.
1. Dorothy Iola born 18th September 1918 at Yorketown District Daly reference book 26 page 346 symbol 'A' denoting (1) the Registar has made an amendment to the information on this birth record and/or (2) the Registar included additional information on this birth record.
2. Gordon Charles born 2nd March 1917 at Yorketown District Daly reference book 995 page 88
3. Jack Lindsay born 30th June 1908 at North Adelaide, District Adelaide reference book 101 page 162 symbol 'A'
4. Joan Maud born 8th August 1922 at Yorketown District Daly reference book 101 page 162 symbol 'A'
5. Kenneth William born 11th October 1915 at Yorketown Disrict Daly reference book 969 page 422
William Frederick Woods aged 24 years, single, son of Frederick Lindsay Woods married 31st August 1896 to Louisa Emily aged 23 years, single, daughter of Thomas Ware at Holy Trinity Rectory, Adelaide, District Adelaide reference book 188 page 686
CHILDREN BORN TO WILLIAM HENRY WOODS & LOUISA EMILY WARE.
1. Ettie Louisa Vera born 23rd July 1902 at Thebarton, District Hindmarsh reference book 699 page 350
2. Harold Leonard born 4th August 1898 at Thebarton District Hindmash reference book 626 page 376
3. Dorothy Edna May born 23rd January 1908 at Kensington Park, Disrict Norwood referenc ebook 797 page 56.
I hope the above is of some interest to you.
in a shockingly hot day
|Reply to this