Lookupuk.com - England Genealogy Board
|Board Name: England Genealogy
|C Barry Wetherington
||Birmingham Michigan US
||Apr 21, 2003
| I'm attempting to trace the UK genealogy of America's first anglo national citizen, Virginia Dare b 1587 Roanoke Colony, (a potential ancestor) through her relationships to any or all the following:
- her father Ananias Dare (supposedly of London);
- her mother Eleanor White d/o John White,
- her step-brother John Dare (Ananias' son by a prior marriage);
- her maternal grandfather John White, the leader of the Lost Colony expedition, arranged by Sir Walter Raleigh;
- through (maternal?) blood relatives Robert Satchfeild (Sackfeild?) & Robert Nokes, see below.
7 years after the 1587 disappearance of Ananias Dare (& of all the Lost Colony), 2 different men applied to the Canterbury prerogative court to administer the estate of Ananias' son John Dare - Robert Satchfeild (Sackfeild?) in 1594 and subsequently, Robert Nokes in 1597, both supposedly also linked by blood relationship to John Dare, perhaps maternally.
Is there anyone who might have a suggestion or a connection?
TIA for your assistance,
Birmingham Michigan US
|Reply to this